Wednesday, July 28, 2004

"Nothing is so admirable in politics as a short memory"

Many years ago, Bloomberg website was the primary information source for the type of jobs I was seeking. As I visited it often, I noticed its daily quote. Indeed, its web pages were later arranged in such a way that, anybody who wanted to reach the employment page had to see the quote first. It looked like somebody was trying to teach us job seekers some lessons, or, gradually as I became aware, let me personally know I was under their watch because a lot of the quotes were selected to cater to my specific and personal situation. The above quote was from October 3, 1997.

The feeling of being watched was not a pleasant one. But lessons I did learn a few. One was that some politicians do have short memories. Say, a few weeks?