Monday, October 18, 2004

Open Letter to MPs

Burnaby, BC
October 18, 2004


This coming Wednesday, October 20, 2004, will be the one-year anniversary of Cecilia Zhang's abduction and murder.

Although an arrest had been made in her case, the police have yet to provide a motive for this hideous crime perpetrated against such an innocent little girl.

Today, I would like to respectfully call your attention to my report entitled "A JOBLESS IMMIGRANT WITHOUT PRIVACY: A Case for Hunger Strike".

I allege that Cecilia Zhang murder has a connection - through my legal case against certain private individuals as detailed in my report - to the highest level of federal government and the ruling Liberal Party.

I am fully aware of the seriousness of my allegation and its potential impact on Parliament. I have asked myself countless times: how likely is my allegation to be true? And each time when I take a hard look at the facts in my case, I only become more confident in my reasoning.

And I am prepared to go to Ottawa and to do whatever is necessary to bring the public's attention to my report and my allegation.

We live in a free and democratic society. Freedom and democracy call for openness and transparency. Secrecy, on the other hand, breeds corruption, oppression and tyranny. With absolute secrecy, criminals can get away with murder.

No government should cover up individual wrong-doings. And no political party should bend the rules and laws for its friends.

Don't let the devil triumph.


Jingdong (Jim) Yu
A Jobless Immigrant without Privacy
Report: www.sfu.ca/~jyu1
Blog: www.jyu1.blogspot.com