Friday, September 16, 2005

The China connection

Chinese President Hu Jintao is in town today. I just came back from my protest because of the previously unpublicized China connection to my story.

The China connection 

One of the defendants named in my lawsuit, Mr. Matthew Li, is a Chinese working on Wall Street. Many agents named in my report seemed to have come to me by his order, directly or indirectly. Mr. Li, through his agent Han-Xin Lin, suggested in January 2001 that he knew the family of Li Peng, the then Premier of China, in an apparent attempt to muzzle/threaten me. In early 2002 while I was visiting my hometown in China, the son of Li Peng, through one of my relatives, delivered a threatening message to me. I have not come back to China since then for fear of my safety.

 

I am a little tired. But I think I will continue the protest tomorrow morning.