Friday, November 04, 2005

Letter to the Editor of The Province

From: Jim Yu Mailed-By: gmail.com
To: provletters@png.canwest.com
Cc: jkeating@png.canwest.com
Date: Nov 3, 2005 6:38 PM
Subject: Pattullo Bridge shut for 6 hours, page A18, Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Dear Editor,

As the subject of your report, I would like to present my side of the story and correct some of the misinformation about me.

Since summer 2004, I have written extensively on my various websites about Cecilia Zhang abduction and murder cover-up. The goal of my protest on Monday was, ideally through the media, to bring public's attention to my websites, whose addresses I put on both my T-shirt and placard while atop the bridge.

I am thus disappointed at your report, not only because of the lack of information about my cause, but also because of the misinformation about my mental state. Specifically, I am not at all schizophrenic, although I did feel depressed from time to time, a fact that I disclosed on my websites.

I understand that you probably obtained your information from the police. My Internet record shows that New Westminster police themselves visited my websites extensively on Monday. Reading your report, together with some other ones, I come to the conclusion that the police were deliberately suppressing information about my cause while emphasizing or exaggerating my mental state to discredit me. The police also intentionally delayed the resolve of the situation so as to cause a negative reaction towards me from the public.

Because of the extraordinary nature of my allegation against the government, it's natural that people would have doubt. The best way to find out if I am indeed a lunatic, or, alternatively, if the federal government, as I claimed, at least knew and possibly involved in the crime that resulted in Cecilia Zhang's death, is to publish the addresses of my websites and let your readers be the judge. A good starting point is to go to my main blog www.jyu1.blogspot.com and click on Summary of Connections to Cecilia Zhang case.

Last but not least, I would like to offer a sincere apology to those motorists affected.

Jim Yu, Burnaby