Friday, February 03, 2006

Call it like I see it?

During the election campaign, Paul Martin advised me on how to join in the fray: "Call it like I see it."

How I wish I had the luxury to "call it like I see it"! Naturally, it's easy for Martin to do so because he is the one that calls the shot, or second in command.

To appreciate my situation, take, for example, of what happened to me almost a week ago.

Last Saturday afternoon, just when I was getting ready to call my friends and relatives in China to wish them a happy New Year, I received a call from a telemarketer who wanted to interview me on funeral homes, cemeteries or cremations.

I still have not got out of my foul mood to call my friends and relatives.

Was it a genuine marketing call, or was somebody trying to irritate me? That's an indeterminate call. -- In the tradition of quantitative assessment, I would say that the chance is 80% that it was a harassing call. [Why do I think so? - I don't want to get into the details because it's too boring to do so.]