Thursday, May 14, 2009

That's it

My depression is getting worse lately. Without my first realizing it, I had not wanted to get out of my apartment for days in a row.

To motivate myself to get out daily, I have been finding all sorts of excuses. Today's excuse? Library.

I have decided that I shall return all the books today. I am not going to finish the democratization series any time soon. But I got the feeling that I would feel much better after returning the books.

Oh, if you are interested, these six books are:
  1. Confucianism for the Modern World, edited by Daniel A. Bell and Hahm Chaibong
  2. East Meets West: Human Rights and Democracy in East Asia, by Daniel A. Bell
  3. Globalization and Culture, by John Tomlinson
  4. Communitarianism: A New Agenda for Politics and Citizenship, by Henry Tam
  5. Democratic Hope: Pragmatism and the Politics of Truth, by Robert B. Westbrook
  6. The New Golden Rule: Community and Morality in a Democratic Society, by Amitai Etzioni