Saturday, July 29, 2006

Did RCMP/CSIS Kill Cecilia…and Dr. Jiang?

An open letter to Prime Minister Harper


Dear Mr. Harper:

It is with great pain from my sick bed that I write you this open letter. The lives of Chinese Canadians are in danger. The death of Dr. Guobing Jiang in Toronto last Friday worries me greatly. It happened despite I repeated Cecilia parents’ wish that “every family will live in peace” in The Meaning of Justice.

The news has not been reported by the mainstream media. For most people who don’t know, Dr. Jiang, a post-doctorate fellow at Ryerson University, was pronounced by Toronto Police to have committed a suicide by jumping off Don Mills Rd bridge onto Hwy 401 in Toronto in the early morning hours of Friday, July 21.

Another tragedy among recent immigrants, I thought initially, like everybody else. As more reports came online, however, I can’t help but be struck by the following facts: Dr. Jiang is from the same province in China as I am. His family and educational background are quite similar to mine. His first Ph.D. is in nuclear physics, whilst there have been some attention over nuclear weapon issues in my blog. He allegedly jumped off a bridge, whilst I climed a bridge to protest the cover-up of Cecilia Zhang murder. Even the alleged location of his suicide is so very close to Cecilia Zhang’s residence where she was abducted.

Then it hit me this Wednesday that it was on the same day of his death that a RCMP officer came to my residence and threatened to arrest me, among other things. These two events were just like what happened on that fateful day of October 20, 2003: A disaster fell upon an innocent Chinese in Toronto (Cecilia Zhang was abducted) and a RCMP officer dealt with me in a deliberately confrontational style here in Burnaby. (Besides, Norman Spector seemed to be sending me some kind of ill-fated messages since Wednesday.)

The RCMP visit to my residence itself was quite sudden and strange. Arranged by my Bail Officer, Jodi Webber of Burnaby Community Corrections, it was the only such visit since I was on bail at the beginning of November 2005. -- To be fair to her, I offered her an opportunity to explain her decision this morning so that I could incorporated it in this letter. She did not appear to have a good one.

I am fairly confident about my previous conclusions that CIC was involved in the crime against Cecilia Zhang and that the Min Chen trial was more or less a show. And I knew, through my long journey to seek justice for Cecilia, that political and intellectual elites in Canada - and to some extent, in the United States – knew my story and lately, that they in fact knew more than I did and in particular, they knew who killed Cecilia Zhang. In particular, I got a lot of hints from reading Norman Spector’s daily press review.

I understand how flimsy this may seem to average citizens. It is in fact one of the reasons that I did not write about it for more than two months. I especially would have resented the “conspiracy theorist” label as I am a facts-and-logic guy. My preferred route would be to break the story first and let people ask questions. Still, circumstantial evidences implicating RCMP/CSIS are many. Since this is an open letter, it would help the average citizens to know these evidences available to me.

I urge people read my Report first because the crime perpetrated against Cecilia Zhang was related to my experience in Vancouver area. In my Report, people can see that I had been harassed and my privacy had been invaded for a long time. For example:

  1. Unreasonable search at the airport;
  2. Numerous police incidents;
  3. I was followed by the three daughters of one of the Defendants in my private lawsuit;
  4. My second cell phone, which I bought anonymously for the exclusive purpose to communicate with Mr. Warren Buffett, was tracked;
  5. Numerous incidents of telephone and Internet intrusions.

Despite these many incidents, I had always thought that the Defendants named in my lawsuit were the culprits of these harassment activities. They definitely had the money and resources to carry out these activities. Of course, RCMP/CSIS could be involved, but I thought they could only be in a minor role at most. Maybe just a few bad apples in these organizations did the Defendants’ bidding. After all, why would RCMP or CSIS spend taxpayer’s money on these kinds of shenanigan anyways?

As for the Cecilia Zhang abduction and murder case, it never crossed my mind that RCMP/CSIS played a role in it. For one thing, the crime happened in another city. For another, while I could understand local police’s hatred toward me because of the Defendants’ one-sided spin about our private dispute, what reason could RCMP/CSIS possibly have to kill an innocent 9-year-old girl? (Even with that hatred toward me, I would say the harassment the local police inflicted on me is totally different from a murder.)

Until May 18.

On May 18, an Armstrong, BC police spokesman defended the force’s decision on CBC Radio of not issuing an Amber Alert in the Carmen Kados abduction case. (This girl was later found alive, fortunately.) He said that there are strict conditions for issuing Amber Alert, including description of suspect or suspect’s vehicle.

That’s definitely not the case when Toronto police issued an Amber Alert just four and a half hours after Cecilia Zhang was reported missing. Now, I believe the objective of Cecilia’s abduction was, sickeningly, to create massive media coverage in case I went public with my story on that day. There appeared to be no better tool than an Amber Alert to magnify the intensity of the coverage.

A natural question was: Since there was definitely no condition for issuing the Amber Alert, why would Toronto police force do that? This question, together with the following doubts about the case in my mind, led me to realize that Toronto Police Service might have played a major role in the crime against Cecilia Zhang.

  1. Min Chen only became a suspect after Peel Regional Police get involved in the investigation. Moreover, Toronto Star reported on July 25, 2004 that Peel police found out some evidence had been overlooked by Toronto police.
  2. Paragraph 69 of the ASOF says: “The Defendant did not expect that the police would become involved.” Even when the investigation later targeted on him, he was still very calm. Why was he so confident?
  3. The woman, through whom Min Chen got to know the Zhang family, was reportedly close to be charged with obstruction of justice one time. However, her name was not even disclosed in the ASOF, in stark contrast with so many other individuals whose names were disclosed in the ASOF.
  4. In Paragraph 46 of the ASOF, it was disclosed that only after Peel police got involved, did the investigation contact the woman in question. And it was then that the police found out that Min Chen had visited the house before.
  5. Regarding the early morning phone calls to Cecilia’s mother – which Min Chen denies making -- Paragraph 22 of the ASOF says: “There is a sign visible from the pay telephone, which indicates that the area is subject to video surveillance. Police later discovered that there was no video surveillance in effect that day.” Isn’t that odd?
  6. According to the ASOF, when Min Chen entered the Zhang house, only Cecilia woke up. But it’s common sense that young kids sleep deeper than seniors, such as her grandfather who, by the way, did not wake up. – What really happed might be that Cecilia did not wake up at all. Indeed, earlier reports said that police had uncovered evidence from Cecilia’s room. What happened to those evidence?
  7. Paragraph 80 of the ASOF says that the shovel Min Chen used to bury Cecilia’s body was “found nearby”. How convenient. Wasn’t it dark in the woods?
  8. How could Min Chen carry an 80-pound child out of the house all by himself without making some noise? Besides, investigator had said on American’s Most Wanted that there was evidence to suggest that more than one suspect were involved in the crime.


This realization came as a shock to me. However, it was confirmed by reading the political and intellectual elites.


…TBD