Thursday, October 08, 2009

Let me be the solution

Beijing is stuck: While my supporters in the Chinese government want to bring me out to replace President Hu Jintao, the President and his people are only willing to let me be the next generation of Chinese leadership.

This is essentially a power struggle and I don't want to have anything to do with it. Undoubtedly, a lot are at stake here: If my supporters are successful, President Hu will lose power. If the President and his people have their way, he can still serve out the rest of his term, albeit with a diminished prospect of exerting influence afterwards.

How to solve this impasse? I'll say: Bring me out as an outsider and start China's democratization now.  -- Those are what I have always wanted to happen, anyways.

Let me be the solution, please.