Wednesday, December 31, 2008

How corrupt is American’s capital markets under George W. Bush?

Very very indeed. From my experience, the financial gains made by market insiders who had the knowledge of my story dwarfed even the recently-revealed $50 billion Pyramid scheme by Madoff.

Cases in points:

In the morning of November 1, 2007, minutes after I handed in my hunger strike notice to the prison authority, the Dow Jones index was in a virtual free fall.

During the more recent financial market turmoil, the Dow Jones index shot up hundreds of points one day and nobody seemed to able to explain it. A market professional told the host of a business program on TV that the market rumor of the day was that "The sun has come out." Well, that's exactly what I told my mother over the phone the afternoon before when she asked me about Vancouver's weather. But an implication of this case was that both Bush administration and Harper government knew the plan to - I don't know how to put it - make me a super leader of China, not simply just to replace Hu Jintao.

On December 9, I phoned in and was on CFRB Toronto between 3:10PM and 3:15PM. If you compare my "appearance" on CFRB and the intra-day chart of say, Dow Jones index, you will find that the markets dropped almost instantaneously the moment I spoke, and rebounded when host Michael Coren hanged up on me. I also believe an earlier drop minutes after 2:00PM, was an reaction to my connecting to radio stations through the Internet.

There are other cases. I will do some research and provide more details later. The point is, people who made money out of my story are those who are close to the Bush administration and Harper government, not the little guys on the main street.


Update (20090104):

I still can’t find out from which TV program (Nightly Business Report?, Business News Network?, or least likely, CNN?) I heard that my “private” telephone conversation had become market-moving rumor. But I am confident with my memory. As a matter of fact, I remember this market professional used bipolar - which is what I likely have - to describe the market.

I am able to determine, however, that the day when the sun came out on the markets was September 30. The Dow shot up 485 points, representing a capital gain of hundreds of billions of dollars.

As such, things are coming back to me now. Bush televised speeches. The weather in Vancouver. My own mood and how the markets reacted to my mood. Bush came on TV again in front of a bookshelf. I went to SFU library…. Plus the inexplicable. Details Soon.

-- While researching on this subject, I also discovered another case of potential market corruption. I strongly suspect that market insiders knew before the start of trading on September 17 that I was going to borrow 7 books later that day. This may help to explain the 449 points drop in Dow that day. -- A New York Times report that day only attributed a general fear in the market for the decline. -- Of course, the potential market impact of my borrowing books was never on my mind. As I said in the previous blog, I borrowed the 7 books out of fear for my own safety.

It was actually on Tuesday September 16 that I first went to the Vancouver Public Library central branch to try to check out 7 books. After I had chosen those 7 Chinese books, however, I realized that I had forgot to bring my library card with me. So I asked the library staff to hold the books for me and I went home to get my card. When I came back to the library - it must have been in the late afternoon - I found, to my surprise, that the central library was closed due to “an unknown fume”. That’s why those 7 books were checked out the next morning.

So the questions are: Where did the fume come from? Did it have anything to do with the governments? Was I followed in the library? Did the governments know the 7 books I left with the reserve counter on September 16? If so, did they leak that information to Wall Street insiders?